What are your fees?
15 min phone consultation: Free
Session fees depend on the length of your session. A standard 60 minute therapy session is $150.
* My goal is never to turn someone in need of help away. I reserve several spots in my practice for clients who require a sliding scale due to low income or financial hardship. When possible, I will work with you to find a way for therapy to be financially sustainable. If you do not think you can afford my full fee, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Do you offer a sliding scale (reduced fee)?
Do you take insurance?
After thoughtful consideration, I do not network with any insurance companies, as I feel that the risks of working with insurance directly, actually outweighs the benefits. However, I can work with your out-of-network benefits and also offer a sliding scale based on financial need.
How do I use my out-of-network benefits?
I have found that most insurance companies will cover my services as an OON provider. If you have a PPO, I can provide a “super bill” that you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. Please contact your insurance provider to determine the rules and restrictions around your mental health coverage.
Start by asking your provider the following questions:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- What percentage of my bill will be covered for services obtained by an out-of-network provider?
- How many sessions will be covered per calendar year?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
What do I do if I am in crisis?
- 911 for emergency services
- National Suicide Prevention Life: 988
- National Hopeline Network – links callers to nearest crisis centers: 1-800- 784-2433
- S.A.F.E. Alternatives for Stopping Self-Harm: 1-800-366-8288
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Victim Connect- help for victims of any crime nationwide: 1-855-484-2846
- Alcoholism & Drug Dependency Hope Line: 1-800-622-2255
- National Eating Disorder Association: 1-800-931-2237
- Trevor Crisis Hotline – confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth: 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline – crisis hotline run by trans folks for trans and questioning callers: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text 7417
How are you keeping clients and staff safe during COVID19 pandemic?
For in-person sessions, we will follow all governmental regulations, including social distancing, mask wearing (as needed), hand sanitizing, temperature checks (as needed), and regular cleaning.
Where are you located?
May office is currently located off Charleston & 215, within the Red Rock Counseling community.
What is the Therapy Process like?
Typically, the first 1-2 sessions entail assessment – this is where I am getting to know you, the scope of your concerns, and the goals you have for therapy. Next, we collaborate on a treatment plan and the following sessions are focused on taking tangible steps towards your goals. It is important to me that you are comfortable every step of the way, and that you have a clear understanding of the therapeutic processes that are taking place. I value and encourage transparency throughout and will work with you to evaluate growth and progress.